TRAINING IN MODEL MAKER SYSTEMS SOFTWARE
It is our experience that people attending a training session directly after purchasing the software do not always benefit as much from it as when they do the training at a later stage. We recommend a user take the software and try to operate it by himself and if he has any questions contact our support team telephonically to get guidance. Our software is a lot easier to operate than many similar packages and we have many users who never came for training.
With all that said we do have scheduled training sessions at our offices in CENTURION where we take 16 learners at a time. We can also do training at a user’s premises on request. Our agents in Durban, Cape Town, Orlando (USA) and Harare (Zimbabwe) also provide training sessions.
- The following training is done :
- A one day compulsory beginners session in Model Maker. This will highlight the basic concepts of all our software regarding file types used, menu structures, terrain modeling, CAD basics and earthworks volume calculation. To really benefit from this training session we do recommend the trainee used our Model Maker package for at least 2 months prior to the beginners training session.
- A 2 day follow-up session, not less than 2 months after the beginners session, in Model Maker looking at modules 1 to 6 and 11 of the package and anything specific users request. We appreciate it if users bring questions and example data to this session
- A 1 day session in Road Maker, directly after the 2 day Model Maker session, covering all aspects of road design definitions, volumes calculations and reporting.
- A 2 day session in Survey Maker covering all the basic functions plus extensive cadastral and sectional diagram functions.
- Training on site where we will do training specific to the user’s needs for the application of the software he purchased.
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) :
- Some of our courses are registered with ECSA through SAICE and with PLATO.
- Scheduled training, in a group session with other users, is done at a cost of R1100.00 per person per day.
- On site training is done at R 5 800.00 per day plus travelling and accomodation expenses. Maximum 6 people per session. A venue with computer for each attendee must be provided.